RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pictures

I'm so excited. I'm going to get to visit my youngest and her family on Friday to take pictures of them all. After all, Ellie is now 13 months old -- time for some new shots of her. And as I was reminded recently my oldest grandchild is 14 years old. He's so tall, and his voice is so deep. What a change.

Anyway, I'm going to take pictures. Then when I come back home, Toria (one of my granddaughters) is coming home with me, and we're going to go through the new pictures and the pictures she took of her family and friend (with a digital camera I loaned her). We will then print out the ones she likes the best.

Then, she and I was going to a scrapbooking session and we're going to work on our albums with the new pictures and some really old pictures.

I have to get an album finished by next weekend to take with me to Tennessee to share with my sister and my cousin. I need to set deadlines, or I never get any scrapping in (at home).

In fact, I get the most work completed at the various cropping sessions I attend each month. It's a time of fellowship with other ladies who enjoy making albums of their loved ones.

I love walking around and seeing what the others are working on. One lady, last month, was making a wedding album. She's been married over 30 years, but only had loose pictures of her wedding, so she was cropping the pictures and arranging them in a album. Several others were working on albums of their newborns, or nearly newborns.

So, I take pictures, I print the pictures, I file the pictures, and eventually, I put the pictures in a book, which hopefully when I'm gone will be a reminder to my family of who we were.

No comments: