RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, May 10, 2008

Great grandchildren

Does that mean grandchildren that are great, or by birth they are great grandchildren? Today's epistle will be about great-grandchildren -- those that are born, not how they turned out.

My mother and father, if they had survived until today (they'd be 99 and 100 respectively) would have 22 great grandchildren -- I think. I know for sure they would have at least 20, but I'm pretty sure I got that number correct. At least that's the present count. The family may be blessed with more children to my children's generation. My mom never lived to see any of her great grandchildren. My father saw my oldest grandson, and two of Becky's children. My son had two children, I think, at the time of my father's death, but he didn't see them,.

What's my point? I was just thinking of all the grandchildren my parents had -- they had 12 -- and then those grandchildren are now having children, and that count is up to 22 or more, and so it goes.

The thing that amazes me, and for which I am so thankful, is that for the most part, my parent's children, their grands and great-grands are be saturated with the Word of God. They attend good churches, and the present parents have taken it upon themselves to nurture their own children in God's Word. Isn't that great?

I know that I have seen 12 of my grandchildren. I will be reunited with all of them some day in the place God has prepared for us, and it will be a wonderful reunion. That will be SOME Mother's Day!

No comments: