RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, May 31, 2008

Matthew



I've been writing short vignettes about my grandchildren. Today is Matthew Hahn's birthday. He's three. Every bit of it. I think you can see from his face that he is a cutie.

Matthew likes to run. Matthew likes to play with tools -- his daddy's. So today, I got him a Black and Decker tool set (for children, ages 3 and up). He was thrilled and didn't realize that there is a different between his screw driver (all plastic) and his father's (sharp, metal). You get the picture.

Now he has a saw and he can't really damage anything with it. He has a drill that actually spins and won't put holes in any furniture. He has a wrench set that won't really take apart his bed. Yes, Matthew is curious and wants to know how tools work. So with the plastic tools he can find out how they work with the built-in damage control.

Matthew was very tired today, but he wasn't that tired. He obeyed me when I told him not to stick his fingers in the icing on the cake -- I'm so mean in that department. I just hate eating cake that has been mauled. And he learned very quickly that his tools were to go into the box, not on the floor, and he was good about putting them back in his box after he played with them.

In all, it was a nice birthday for Matthew. I pray he will grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

No comments: