RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Micki and Elvis


In case you didn't believe me, that Micki met Elvis. That's HER backstage, not his. He was just getting started at this point. She had her own show at this time. And I wanted you all to see this picture of her and Elvis, just to prove the point. I asked her about this and it's all jumbled up in my mind because we were going through pictures so fast at this point, and what she said was more than "I was doing a show and he visited it," or something like that. She did give me a few more details, but being a 65-year-old, whose brain is slighted addled, I don't remember what else she said.
It will come to me in the middle of the night and I will write it down on the pad of paper I keep on the bedside table, but won't be able to read one word of what I wrote in the morning. I do that all the time. I think of a topic for the BLOG, then when I look at it, I can't read it. I've thrown away more slips of paper with writing on them which I can't decipher at all and which if I could remember what I wrote would be good fodder for this BLOG.
When I was on the State Board of Education I would keep a small voice recorder on the bedside table and when I thought of something I thought was very important in the middle of the night, I'd tell the tape recorder what my thoughts were. Most of the time all I heard on replay was mkjkp mmph, hmmk, jklsjf dasdf. Get the picture?

No comments: