RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Driving in Florida

Driving is Florida is something else. Everyone is old and drive like old people. Oh, yeah, I'm one of the oldies, but goodies. Anyway, I was driving with Micki on morning last week, and she kept pushing on her brake trying to stop the car. Only she was pushing on the floor not the brake. I think that happens a lot down here. We laughed about it and praised God that we were in a parking lot going all of 1 mph, if that. But I find myself wondering why if the speed limit is 45 we are going 35. I guess the reflexes are down some when one is over 65.

I'm not OVER 65 yet, just got there. So I assume next year I'll be driving in the slow lane and I'll be there for the rest of my life.

The pictures are of Robert Sbaraglia (he's 67, I think) and Micki (she's 83, I know that). We had a great visit with both in Pataka. We spent a few days with Micki, but only a few quality hours with Robert. He does, after all, have a horse farm to take care of. Mick's spaghetti was so good. And, yes folks, the picture of her alone shows how much she looks like Grandmother Sbaraglia. Amazingly so. That's Alan giving her a smooch on the cheek just before we left for Port Charlotte.

We're leaving for Panama, and I understand my houseguests have had and are having a great time in our condo in the cold.








No comments: