RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Monday, March 3, 2008

Family photos

They're coming. Watch for them. They will be posted sometime after March 16.

Getting the pictures developed was a big problem. I went to my favorite photo duplicating center – since I had no scanner or printer, I had to make copies – and the center was “out of photo paper”. However, I was told I could buy a box of photo paper and make my own copies. So I started copying all the pictures I had culled from the hundreds of pictures I looked at that were in Micki's books and boxes. I ran into a problem during the copying process. The finish (toner) kept coming off in streaks. Turns out I was ruining their machine with the paper I was told to purchase. Fortunately, I was able to get one copy of each of the pictures I had chosen from all those photos of Micki's, and I will put them onto the BLOG and then write a little about each person and the picture.

I didn’t make copies of ALL the pictures Micki had with her and celebrities. I did make a copy of her autobiography (the copy that was given to the press back in the 50s and 60s). There were just too many celeb photos for me to copy, and I wouldn't remember the names of the celebs anyway. Just let me say, she knew a lot of people who made it big in the country/western field of show business. Most of those she knew and worked with are now passed away. But, their records (those are the same things as CDs, but bigger and tonal quality is less) are still around and often in the midnight to 6 a.m. slot on the TV you can buy them for only $19.95 plus shipping.

No comments: