RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oh, what a beautiful day!


Remember the song "Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh, what a beautiful day, I've got a wonderful feeling, eventhing's going my way."




Well, I can attest to the first two phrases of that song. Today I am celebrating a beautiful morning, enjoying a beautiful afternoon, and looking forward to a beautiful night. The weather is warmish, but not hot, at least not for me.




I was looking over the pool -- which was quite crowded -- and though, hmmm, I think I'll put on a bathing suit and head down there. Now, I rarely go into the pool. The pool temp has to be in the 80s before I'll jump in. Today wasn't that day. The few ladies of my age who went in to cool of, said the water was very cold. So, I visited until I got hot (about one hour) and came home.




Beautiful days remind me of home. Why? Because as I mentioned before, all I remember are beautiful days. I remember very few rainy, stormy, snowy days. And even those days to me were beautiful. What's more beautiful than a snowy day, when you're cuddled up in a blanket, reading a book or just watching it snow.




Am I the only person in the world who enjoys just watching those little, tiny flakes come out of the sky and float like feathers to the ground, building up so that once we have an inch of snow on the ground some enterprising child can build a snow-man from that?




But, today it won't snow, and I'm not of a mind to just watch the air. There is little wind so even watching the trees won't give me much to watch. No, I'll finish reading my book, and by then it should be dinner time.




So, I'm off to the sun porch to enjoy this beautiful day.

No comments: