RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not Expelled

Well, it wasn't to be. I didn't get to see Expelled. Alan did and he said every child should see this movie -- and I asked, at what age should that child be to see the movie so that they will understand it? He said, "5." I don't think so. But, yes, I agree, from viewing the trailers and from the recommendations I've received I think every child (and adult) should see this movie.



But, on a positive note -- see I started out with the negative, but I'm getting to the positive -- I did get to go out to dinner, albeit Bob Evans, not exactly my favorite restaurant(oops, there I go being negative again), but it was close and by the time we left the driveway, I knew I had made a mistake in trying to get out to O'Charlie's so we stopped at Bob Evans which is one block from our driveway entrance. I was able to deposit my nearly overdue Louis L'amour books in the library dumpster before we got to Bob Evans, then when we sat down to eat, the pain left. I got back in the car, and bam, it hit me again. I guess carrying a heavy strawberry cheesecake pie out to the car wasn't such a good idea.

Well, I lightened the load later on by eating a piece, so the once heavy pie is a bit lighter now, and won't hurt my back when I take it out of the fridge tomorrow.

It's still beautiful weatherwise here in Northern Kentucky -- it's 11:20 p.m. on Wednesday evening (still the 'day of woe') and outdoors it's 75 degrees. Man, I love this weather!

Tomorrow, I will once again hop out of bed (positive) and get a cuppa (positive) and venture out onto the sun porch (I've decided to positively call my porch/lenai/deck/veranda, the sun porch) and enjoy my coffee, do a couple of Suduko puzzles in record time (positive) and then I'll do my daily rounds of bed making, bathroom cleaning, and tomorrow I shall vacuum and do a load of laundry, all without any pain.

Did you all catch that "hop out of bed" notation. I haven't hopped for at least 10 years, in fact the highest I've lifted my legs is when Stacia and I were doing chair-dancing during our break at AiG back in the late 1900s. Boy does that sound old? But I'm trying to be positive here, so bear with me on this, and humor me a bit about hopping, okay?

That's all for now. I'll be back on-line again when I think of another positive topic that I hope will be of positive interest to you all.

No comments: