RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Saturday, April 19, 2008

Let Us Pray

I know this is probably the quickest way to get folks to pray for Cousin Micki. She is in the hospital (in Florida) and since this is fourth-hand information I'll let you just pray for her and her heart condition.

What I have been told is that she has a "leaky heart something." So I asked my daughter, the nurse, and she said yes, you can have a leaky heart valve, and that would mean valve replacement.

I don't know anything about whether they are doing a valve replacement on Micki or not. I only know that she is not in good physical shape right now. Remember she is 82, or is it 83? I guess when you get that old, it doesn't matter.

When we left her she was not feeling well, but she put on a good front. She was tired, very tired. And originally the doctor thought she was anemic or had some internal bleeding. Well, now they think it's her heart (a likely scenario). So, please, please pray for her.

Second, our youngest daughter is going to have another baby -- her sixth -- but she is having problems, and is on complete bed rest. Now, how do you get a mother of five, one of which is a one-year-old, who also has ADD, to go on complete bed rest? See the problem here? Pray that she will obey her doctor and stay in bed until this problem clears up (which we pray it will), and that her ADD won't get in the way. She does have someone to take care of the one-year-old all the time, isn't that a blessing? And folks are bringing her and her family food -- another blessing. But pray for her. Oh, yes, the doctor said the baby is doing fine, no distress or anything.

The "Let Us Pray" header is something we heard a lot growing up -- if someone got sick, or was in the hospital or had any need at all, daddy would say, "Let us Pray" and then we would pray for that person and their need. So prayer for me and mine is not something that we find hard to do.

Even yesterday, I was so thankful for such a beautiful day, that while I was outside with my grandchildren, I was shouting, yes SHOUTING, "Thank you Father for such a beautiful day. Thank you for the trees in bud. Thank you for being the great I AM." And, you know what, my grandchildren didn't think I was weird or odd or anything, they just joined in. Isn't God good?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll sure be praying for them both- and Cyndi's family. I'm so jealous! Bed rest or not, I'd so love to be having my 6th child...

Something we do- the kids and me- while we are taking the long hike to the nature park with the dogs. It's a long road there in the mountains, with a lot of up and down stretches. to make it easier, we walk down the center of the dirt road and sing hymns at the top of our voices. Most of the neighbors ahve gotten used to the time of day we come by and are waiting in their yards to smile and wave us along.
You are so right- GOD IS WONDERFUL!!!
blessings to you,
your neice,
Jess