RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blah, blah, blah

I wonder what it is that compels me to write something, anything, each day, in this BLOG. I'm sitting here conjecturing about what I should write. Nothing is coming to my mind. I mean NOTHING, nada, zilch, zip, NOTHING.

So I put down my meandering thoughts about this blah day, and it has been very blah.

First, I had a really hard time waking up, but then I had an even more difficult time sleeping last night, or should I say this morning. I was so very tired when I went to bed, then my mind started working on something, which I don't even recall, and there I was wide awake until after 4 a.m.

Sometimes when I'm awake like that I write down what thoughts are keeping me awake and then try to decipher them in the morning, thinking that perhaps I had a "deep" thought. But, I haven't had any perceptive or "deep" thoughts for years, if ever.

Then when I finally pulled myself out of bed, I realized why I hadn't wanted to get out of the bed. It hurt -- a lot. That old hip just doesn't like to get back into place once it's been unhinged during sleep. It took a lot of effort to get it to snap back into place today.

Once that chore was finished, I had to decide which blah task I would do first -- clean the bathroom? Clean the kitchen -- I hadn't cleaned it last night? Do laundry? Have a cup of coffee? Read? Do Sudoku?

Well, I decided on the kitchen because I could use the counters to get pressure off the hip if I needed to (by placing my hands on the counter and pushing myself up, like on a parallel bar). That took all of five minutes. Then I decided to scrub my stainless steel kitchen sink. I like to have it shiny, and sometimes it needs an extra scrub with Dawn degreaser to get it back to it's original sparkling condition.

Have you noticed that I did NOT have a cup of coffee first? For some reason the thought of a cup of coffee just didn't set well, so I chalked that task off the list. Now this blah day continues and I have finished in the kitchen, what next? Laundry. Easy enough. Two minutes later, I decided to go out on the sun porch for a few minutes. I placed a few phone orders for clothing for Alan while I was out there. Another task completed.

It is noon yet? Rush Limbaugh wasn't in his chair today and whoever replaced him just wasn't keeping my attention.

I decided I needed to get some Bible reading done, and some searching for remembrances of my father's teachings. I'm using one of my old Bibles. It's falling apart, and it has notes written all through it. It's the Bible I used in the early 80s. I wish I could find the one I had when I was a teenager with all those notes in it. It's probably in Nigeria. We gave a box of our old used Bibles to our former pastor to take with him on one of his mission trips.

Some people write their "church" notes in a notebook. I found that if I wrote them in the margins of the passage that was been talked about, I would recall it better than reading a page of notes, and I'd see it years later. I mean who really goes back and reads all those notes anyway?

So, I did some Bible searching.

Finally, Alan got home from a luncheon he was attending, and the blah was no longer blah. He still can light up my life by walking into a room, believe it or not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Aunt Judi! Ah, so the hip thing is hereditary. It's really annoying, yet handy to know when a storm is coming...I try to find the silver linings.
As far as church notes, I love to go back through old church notebooks and read the notes- it brings so much back; and I have found that often those sermons were saved for me for just when I needed them. I like seeing other folks' notes as well. We found some tucked away in an old, used book we purchased. Whoever the lady's preacher was, he had a few lovely sermons.
I love you dearly! Thanks for sharing with us :)
Jess