RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mother's hearts



To say I didn't appreciate my mother until I was married is putting it mildly.  I love my mother, but I was, after all, one of those teenagers who knew it all, and that was the time when I was at odds with my mom quite often.  So, the short paragraph which follows would highlight the time after I became a wife.

If mom were here for valentine's day, she would get her usual from me -- a big red box of chocolates. She loved those big red boxes, and each time she got one it went into her closet after the chocolates were gone and became a "file cabinet" for greeting cards she and other family members received.

I know this because for years my dad would give her one of those boxes and he and she would share the candy, and she would file away her box and save her cards.

ttfn

No comments: