RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kindergarten

When I started these daily posts one of the first ones I wanted to put up was about kindergarten, but I didn't get around to doing that until now.  I wanted to write a few BLOGS about what I remembered about that year.  And my goal was to make each BLOG short, easy to read, and make the reader want to come back the next day to read "what came next."  Hopefully, I can be a little less wordy now that I've got the hang of things again, and keep you coming back.




So, to begin with:  Kindergarten was from 9 to 11:30, then we were sent home for lunch from 11:30 until 1:00 p.m., then class continued until 3:00 p.m. when we were dismissed for the day.

I went to the school across the street.  That's the view from our front porch.

My first day at school -- and boy was I a happy child on that day -- was the day after Labor Day in 1948.  And since I had been in the school a couple of times before when I had sneaked in, I went into the building like I owned the place.  I guess you might say I was quite sure of myself that first day.

ttfn

No comments: