RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting there

Yes, slowly, but surely, I'm getting nearer "home."

The first day out was wonderful. Great hotel. Of all the hotels I've ever stayed in, including condos, this was #3 on the list. And, I've stayed at a lot of hotels!

We left Saturday morning for our week in the Poconos. Wrong! We're no where near the Poconos. We're in a rustic cabin in the woods, though. And the cabin is a nice three-bedroom abode. But it is rustic.

By rustic, I mean -- it is NOT handicapped accessible, as I had been told, and I WILL get my week back because of their misinformation to me. I never would have accepted this exchange if I had known what we were in for.

Saturday evening, just checking in, was one of the most painful experiences of my life. That's all I'm going to say about it. Sunday was a close second. And that's all I'm going to say about that!

Back to "rustic." I have NEVER been to a time-share exchange where they don't provide toilet paper, coffee, salt, pepper, and sugar. I knew it was a mistake not to take my kitchen pack, but it was just something extra to pack into the car (it's ever-ready) and so we are without coffee, sugar, salt, pepper (how can I cook without salt and pepper), and TP.

First order of business on Sunday was to go to the store. Never go to the store on Sunday. Since I haven't shopped for myself for over two years, I didn't know what it was like. It was a mad house. The only saving grace was that the Shoprite was like coming home. The smells! The availability of the foods I grew up with (TastyKakes?, Lunchmeat?). Yum! By the time I finally got out of the store two hours later (and I only got 8 bags of food) I was famished. Needless to say, we had a great lunch!

I forgot to get -- you got it -- salt/pepper/sugar/coffee/and TP. Those things that I realized they didn't provide, I forgot to get, so we will stop at WAWA on our way to Hershey tomorrow and pick up those items.

Monday -- I've been in bed all day, sleeping, reading, resting, getting my knees back in order. Getting rid of a fibromyalgia flare up. etc.

I also installed a WIFI stick -- they don't even have dial up here -- and that took the better part of the morning. Figured out that where I was sitting there was little reception, but if I moved three feet to the right I had full reception. GO figure.

So, for now, I'm getting closer to home, with a side trip to Hershey.

See you all soon.

ttfn

No comments: