RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, July 9, 2009

Regarding broccoli

It seems the haters are outrunning the lovers. Are there no lovers or likers of broccoli out there who are willing to admit that they love the veggie as I do? I know there are, because I know of at least three sometimes readers of this post who love broccoli.


I'm not sure I even asked for the broccoli lovers to respond to this post, or the Recipes post or the Fat Lady post. Doesn't matter. None of them have received any notes of love for this God-made, God-given vegetable.

Maybe it's just that the haters in this world are more vocal than the lovers. Lovers, after all, have happier, more important things to do than to rant and rave against a vegetable that can in no way harm them.

ttfn

2 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

I'm a broccoli hater -- yuck, yuck, yuck! Power to the broccoli haters!

Rose said...

This is so hilarious! Mama used to make broccoli taste not so bad, though I've not been able to duplicate it. It is full of vitamins and is a great cancer fighter.
I really loved visiting with you. I hope you had a safe trip back.
I Love You!!!!