RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Present

This is Cyndi (my youngest) and her youngest daughter, Ellie May. This is my son, Phil's, oldest, Rosie.

This is my oldest grandchild -- he's now 15. He rarely smiles, so this picture is a real treat.


This is Jonah, Cyndi's middle child. He's 7.



This is our newest grandchild (Cyndi's). He's 2 months old. Isn't he the cutest thing?





Our present Memorial Day -- in fact Memorial Days for the past 33 years -- did not occur in Runnemede, sad to say. Although new memories are being developed, the past ones hopefully will not be forgotten.



So, I've posted some pictures from our family Memorial Day picnic at a local playfield -- children's park -- which was, as far as I could tell, was enjoyed by everyone. And, all of my children and grandchildren were able to attend. While I took some pictures, I didn't get pictures of everyone.



I did have more "professional" pictures taken, but I haven't gotten them back from the photographer yet. When I do, perhaps I'll post a few of those, at least the one taken of the entire bunch.


And yes, this picnic was just as noisy as those from times past.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like you guys had a terrific time! So special to have everyone together like that. Can't get over how grown up Shandon Jr is!! I haven't seen a picture of him in quite a while. All of your grandkids are too cute for their own good! :-)

The Lady of the Holler said...

What adorable grandchildren! That Jack is a cutie!