RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update on Cousin Micki

I called my cousin Robert this morning. He lives not too far from Micki and has been sort of looking after her. She is 85. Just before Thanksgiving she had knee surgery. After one of her rehab sessions, she suffered a stroke on the side opposite the one that had the knee repair. I figured since she suffered the stroke on the day I happened to call her, it was the shock of my call that had caused it (just kidding). She complained to me about feeling funny and numb. We both thought it was probably because she had a rough physical therapy session.

Unfortunately, it wasn't.

I found out the following if any of you want to send her a card. Make sure you let her know who you are (how you're related to her) or you're just a friend of Judi Drexler.

Micki Evans
Moultrie Creek Nursing And Rehab Center
200 Mariner Health Way
St. Augustine, FL 32086

If you want the phone number, e-mail me and I'll send it to you. There is only one phone at the facility and they pass is around. Strange, I know. I would love to get her a cell phone, one of those disposible types, but I wouldn't know how to get it to her.

If you want more information on the facility you can go to: moultriecreekrehab.com

Her brother David is going down next weekend to be with her for a few days. After that, we'll have to wait and see.

ttfn

No comments: