RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Greer Garson

This is Greer Garson month on TMC.  Since I didn't find out about it until last Saturday, that meant I missed the first group of movies.  I was sure I missed my favorites.

You see, when I was a teenager, there was a program on TV (in black and white) called The Late Night Show.  It started after the late night news.  11:30 p.m.  That was pretty late for me especially since I had to be up at 6:00 a.m. in the morning, but there were some "old" movies that my mom and I loved.  Dad enjoyed them also.

And...several of my favorites were all on last night (Monday).  The movies were Mrs. Miniver, Random Harvest, Mrs. Parkington, and Madame Curie.  Now, these were my mom's and my favorites, but there are a couple of other Greer Garson movies we also enjoyed.  Pride and Prejudice and one my father especially enjoyed -- Mr. Chips.  All these movies require a box of Kleenexes.

Now, I was thinking, we watched these OLD movies when I was a teenager.  They were all filmed in the early 40s.  I watched them in the late 50s, early 60s.  Today they would be really old pictures -- at least 70 years old, just like me.

Older is much better.

ttfn

No comments: