RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Friday, March 8, 2013

Kindergarten 6 - Reading groupos

In Kindergarten we had reading groups.  The class was divided into three groups -- Red, Green, and Blue.  The Red group contained the best readers, the Green group contained the readers who read fairly well, but they stumbled when they read out loud once in a while, and the blue group had the poorest readers.  They stumbled a lot.

I wanted to help the children in the Blue group so badly, but, of course, that wasn't my job and none of my classmates asked me for help.

The task of wanting to help my classmates learn to read, became something that stuck with me and I became a teacher of dyslexic children and loved it.  I even developed a reading program for adults who couldn't read, and the adults I taught using the method I had developed learned very quickly how to read.  The program was called Reading Bootcamp.

The desire to teach reading began in kindergarten.  Imagine that.

ttfn

No comments: