RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Friday, March 15, 2013

First Grade

In first grade, I was assigned to Miss Welch's class.  A week later I, and several others, was assigned to Mrs. Marcantonio's class, which was a second grade, and in which we did both first and second grade work.  I know this, because by the end of first grade I was adding up all the attendance figures for Mrs. M and they were double digets, 30 lines long.  Quite a bit of addition.

I also know we did second grade social studies and science, but I'm sure we did first grade reading, perhaps a little advanced and maybe catching up with the second graders by mid-year.

Mrs. M is the teacher who taught us Huckle-buckle-beanstalk,  a neat game of closer/farther.  The prize was an eraser and then the next person would get a chance.  I think we all tried to outdo the other by finding the eraser in less time than our classmates.

Mrs. M is the only teacher that ever sent me to the principal's office.  I'll let you know about that in the next BLOG.

No comments: