RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Look


I had to do it.

I've been "redecorating" my bedroom -- after seven years -- actually 15 years -- because I brought all my "new" things from our old house. So, being in the redecorating mood, I had to change the look of the BLOG.

Do you like it? If you don't, let me know what you'd prefer. I was so tired of pink and mauve and cranberry.

Back to my bedroom. The walls, of course, are builder's beige. I just can't get up the gumption to move all the furniture and paint it (or have it painted) another color. I prefer to change the bed covers and curtains and rearrange the furniture to get a new look.

I supposed it's part of my upbringing. Since mom never had any money to redecorate, she always just changed the nic-nacs, the room arrangement (although in a 12x12 living room, there isn't much rearranging you can do ), and new, or different curtains on the windows.

I was fortunate enough to receive a Pier One Imports gift certificate for Christmas, and with that I purchased new curtains -- the old purple ones had out-lived their usefulness, and I think I mentioned that the bedspread was in shreds -- yes it fell apart. Rumpke now owns it. I saved the curtains because you never know when you're going to need purple material, right?

So, since I'm in a redecorating mood, I revamped the look of this BLOG. I hope it didn't surprise you too much and that you didn't think you had gotten the wrong BLOG.

I didn't mention the new color for the bedroom, did I? It's seafoam green -- or is that seafoam blue. I think you get the idea -- it's a cross between blue and green, a color that is soothing and restful, and I'm very happy with the new look.