RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fifth grade

I was still at Bingham School and my teacher in 5th grade was "pre-historic" Jackson.  Mrs. Jackson was an older teacher.  I don't know how old she was, but she did have grey hair.  I had issues with Mrs. Jackson.

Mrs. Jackson tried in insert evolution into our social studies curriculum.  My father was no pleased and went to her to try to get her to understand that God created the heavens and earth.  And that event had occurred about 5000 years ago.

Mrs. Jackson rose to her full height of five feet and told my father that she was teaching what she was teaching until the school board told her otherwise.

Light bulb. 

My father went straight to several of the board members who just happened to be members of our church, and talked to them about what she was teaching.

It finally ended with my father coming to my fifth grade class a couple of times to teach what the Bible says about how the earth and humans began and that we didn't evolve from apes or anything else, but were created by a loving God around 5K-6K years ago.

ttfn

No comments: