RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Clouds

I remember Mrs. Mahorter. She was an older woman who lived across the street, and one of our favorite babysitters. She was also a very faithful member of our church.

One cloudy day I was over in her yard and she was outside just sitting on her front step. I was about five at the time, and I was jabbering to her and she asked me if I could see things in clouds. I said, "Huh?"

So she patted the step next to her and asked me to sit down, and then she proceeded to explain to me about clouds and how if you looked at them you could see dogs, cats, leaves, boats, all kinds of things, and sure enough my inventive mind was able to see all kinds of things in the clouds.

To this day, I like to look at clouds and try to imagine what they are. Is that a giraffe? Is that an elephant? Neat, huh?

ttfn

1 comment:

The Lady of the Holler said...

When I was a kid (relatively speaking), we flew to California to visit family. Looking out the plane window, I saw a giant ruling over his kingdom in the clouds. It was awesome. :o)