RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just rambling

I was trying to think what I was going to write about today. I'm trying to add to this "history" for my family of my time in Runnemede and making it a daily "event" for me. But I'm having writer's block today.

Not related to Runnemede, but my best friend here in KY had a mastectomy today. She's been such a faithful, prayerful friend to me, even when I'm an ugly, mean-tempered, hurtful person, she still loves me and encourages me, and tells me to "be nice" when I need to hear that. Anyway, Praise the Lord! She came through the surgery just great, and the nodes they removed appear to be benign. She was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer, and as her doctor put it, it was a "very aggressive" type. Today, when they operated, the doctor was "dumbfounded" that the breast tissue they removed appeared healthy, and the nodes "appear to be benign." We'll know definitely whether they are benign in a few days, but our God is so faithful, and Nancy has been the object of so many prayers to the Great Physician, God the Father, for many weeks now. We're believing she has been healed.

I know some in Runnemede who were healed of terrible cancer diagnoses -- one especially dear person is Aunt Marion. I remember when Uncle Bill told us, he was so upset, but when she was found to be cancer free, I also remember the rejoicing, and also the fact that we all knew that God had healed her -- not the doctor, but God. And Aunt Marion was a faithful server to our Lord, Jesus Christ for the all years she had left, which were many. She was another prayer warrior and I know my husband and I were the subject on many occasions that she brought to the Throne of God.

Thank you Aunt Marion, Uncle Bill, and Nancy!!!!

No comments: