RUNNEMEDE REMEMBERED

Growing up in a small town in Southern New Jersey


Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just wondering

Is the Borough Hall still between 4th and 5th Avenues?

Is Santa's shed still in front of Borough Hall?

Do the police still work out of Borough Hall?

Where does one go to get a marriage license these days (in Runnemede)?

Does NJ still require a physical exam before issuing a marriage license?

Do all Runnemede students stay for lunch, or do most go home, like when I went to school?

Do all Runnemede students ride the bus now?  Or do most walk, like when I was a kid.  Note:  Out here where I live all students ride the bus even if they a couple of blocks away from the school.  And...the buses in some of the counties stop at every single house, even if two students live next door to each other.  This is very annoying if you get behind a school bus in the afternoon.  Since the school buses start picking up at 7:00 a.m., I wouldn't be involved in trailing one.  But I have trailed a bus on more than one occasion in the afternoon.  What ever happened to walking five miles to school, one way, in the winter, in foot-deep snow, uphill going and coming? :)  I've learned to not be out driving around between 3 and 4:30 p.m.

See what things I think about when I'm falling asleep at night?  Stupid, huh?

ttfn

No comments: